November 15, 2012

Experiments of light

Photo set 2 of NEED-Burma.  Now that I have a real camera and not just the ipad for photos (which all of photo set 1 came from), I have an NEX-5 take proper pictures of my workplace. Oh yes, be jealous - this is where I work. :-D Enjoy.

Only one of these photos has been altered. Can you find it?

1) Morning light

2) Jupiter

3) Micro

4) Glamor shot?
5) Ethereal San Htay

6) Starlight
7) Experiments with Light

8) 6:30 am

Papaya in the Sun


I stayed up late to experiment with the camera and night shots. When I finally fell asleep at 2 am, the gods must have thought it funny to wake me so soon at 5:00 am.  I figured this was a sign that I needed to get up and photograph the sunrise.

However, one major difference between here and taking photos at the oceanfront where I grew up is the lack of mountains at my childhood beach. Rather than the typical sunrise at around 6:32am, which the weather channel suggested it would rise, the sun appeared at 7:10. Why you may ask... well the mountains kinda make the sunrise a lot later. So much for needing to get up at 5:00 to see the sunrise.

Please let me know what you think of the images and which you think was altered and how.
If you get it right, you'll get a high-five. Metaphorical of course, because I won't actually high-five the screen nor will I expect you to receive it by doing the same. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. very nice....good to see mtns in the back ground...and stars are always wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete